Gone are the days when welcoming new hires meant handing over a folder with the company goals, a job performance checklist, and orientation paperwork. Today employee orientation has been redefined as “Employee Onboarding.” It is no longer a single one-day event, but an ongoing process that continues at some level for the entire length of employment. The onboarding process should be viewed as a valuable engagement opportunity – revolving around the individual employee experience and the ability to understand their career progression objective and how to align business objectives while helping employees reach their goals.
Typical challenges of New Hires:
1. Lack of Focus on the Pre-onboarding
2. Low Employee Engagement
3. Absence of an onboarding plan
4. Low Investment in Learning & Development
5. Poor Employer Branding
6. Lack of understanding of their role
7. Lack of a career path laid down for new hires
8. Sporadic meetings with key SPOCS and mentors
Onboarding Checklist to help HR Managers to smoothly assimilate New Hire into Organization
1. Preonboarding Engagements & Formalities:
- Digitalized documentation
- Gamified Pre-onboarding tasks
- Complete an automated Background check
- Review and check the Job description and other important documents digitally
2. Onboarding Phase:
- Buddy Program
- Cultural tour
- Introduction to Management
- Asset Allocation
- E-orientation and Induction
- 30-60-90 days Onboarding plan
3. HR perks:
- Track new hires performance and tasks
- Complete visibility to candidate onboarding journey
- People Analytics to create better reports and analytics
3 tips to keep in mind while hiring virtually;
- Opt for Virtual onboarding Program: Paperless onboarding is the process of using an employee onboarding framework or a unified HR management solution to speed up and streamline the process. This personalized onboarding framework takes a fresh approach to onboarding and making it flexible, automatic, and personal by automating each and every new hire document such as New Joining form, EPF, ESi, Aadhar validation, all compliance check with easy e-signature functionality. As a result, it improves employee engagement, reduces the no-show rate and drop-out ratio, and ensures process.
- E-Induction & Orientation:
Induction is an event where you introduce yourself to the organization and viceversa. It is an important process while bringing new employees into the organization. An induction program is often part of the HR knowledge management system as all the compliance and safety check knowledge is shared with the new hires. E-induction is similar to traditional induction where you introduce the new hires to the organization. All the induction videos and knowledge content can be within the onboarding portal where one can upload videos, policy checks, compliance knowledge, etc.
New employees are often nervous on their first day, the weather is the first day in the office or even when working remotely, and why not? Instead of a day full of training and learning, we should make the first day of the new hire GAMIFY. Gamifying the initial task of onboarding helps new hires to reduce their first-day anxiety and stress. Do you know? Gamification act as a core engagement activity for PreonboardingPhase. As it creates healthy competition among new hires and also Creates a stronger Employer Brand.
Note: Digital Employee Experience in modern times can leverage data insights for personalization and automation. This improves the flow of work and continues to contribute to the cultural and physical part of the employee experience. Connecting and automating whole onboarding workflow as a one system help HR and new hire to have better user experience and better first impression for organizations.
How MyJoining can help?
We at MyJoining have experts of HR consultants who continuously researched at HR Landscape to create more innovations to make an easy world. We have years in sorting HR Insights and compile them into one single platform that can help HR leaders to achieve their goals. We have helped the world-leading organization reinvent its onboarding journey. Don’t let the format of remote and virtual onboarding immediate you. Many companies are facing and experiencing the same growing pains and discomfort as you are. But by adopting a world-class structured onboarding framework can serve your company in all these difficult times and for many more virtual years to come. When you’re starting off remotely, you can feel disconnected from the team, even if you’re using the proper communication tools.
There are major business benefits that onboarding can achieve.
1. Lower the cost of Onboarding
2. Stronger Employer Brand
3. Less time to be productive
4. Less Turnover rate.
5. Paperless & Virtual Onboarding Program
Know more at www.myjoining.in