SAP Warehouse Management is a sub-process within your ERP that helps you to streamline the process in such a way that it creates a dynamic application that is fully automatic, and versatile in a manner that makes your process efficient. Despite having multiple advantages and having incorporated the SAP as an ERP many Warehouse managers are unaware of the advantages of the SAP warehouse management process. By opting for warehouse management processes companies can control and manage their daily operations, right from the good entering into the system till the time they are being delivered into their segment.
In 2019 alone, Statista reports state that U.S. online retail sales amounted to US$343.15 billion. While online or e-commerce sales tend to increase day by day and expectations for fast shipping are growing simultaneously the labor pool is shrinking since after the pandemic the low employment rate find it even more difficult to find warehouse workers. Although the demand of consumers is in such a way that they want a fast and feasible delivery since several options with consumers are more and consumer easily try to shift to someone who has fast and reliable delivery.
Why do Manufacture or warehouse managers need an SAP warehouse management system?
1. Improved Operational process: Warehouse Management system transform the whole operational process right from printing inbound receipts to casting outbound deliveries. It reduces the chance of human error of timings, picks up or drop out, and his ability to empower higher values. A fully digitized process also allows you to share data even with the transport management system and go beyond the warehouse to streamline the whole process.
2. Reduce warehouse waste and cost: SAP as an ERP along with digitalization in the process helps you to move one step ahead in your process. It makes your record and inventory so organized that it can you can easily decide which stock to pick first or which product sale needs to be boom up. For say if you have some perishable products which need to be sold first or to revamp first to reduce waste and save cost. Some system also offers advanced technology like stimulating or creating plan or shelves according to products organization have so that at the time of usage you easily know the location and time and cost is saved.
3. Improved real-time analytics and inventory: SAP warehouse management system use sensor, barcode, timers, etc, and other techniques to track the product when it is in and around or beyond the warehouse which directly helps you to transform your inventory management process. With the help of this process, you can easily forecast your inventory and prepare in advance depending upon need, stock, and demand in the market
4. Better relationships: The relationship between buyer, supplier, and customer is very critical. In the end, if the customer is happy all the parties are satisfied and the customer is also happy and satisfied when their order or delivery is on or before time, less inaccuracy and quality good and once this happens, then automatically buyer is also happy and when a buyer is getting a good response the supplier sales automatically boost up. So, it is a whole good circle where everyone’s satisfaction and sales are interrelated.
5. Seamless integration: The advantage of opting for any extended solution is that it can easily and seamlessly integrate with another system. So, imagine if you are planning to reboot your warehouse management system then it can easily integrate with your transport management, inventory management, supply chain management, etc, and with one integration whole system is seamlessly integrated laying out to be a whole digital process.
6. Increased accuracy: since the process has moved to digital so the chances of human error will decrease significantly. By optimizing the process, the inventory search has changed and would take minutes rather than hours in a manual process, and hence the delivery is also fastened up. It also improved employee productivity and efficiency toward work and tasks.
7. Monitoring and planning: SAP warehouse management system helps you to build up stock as in inventory process and helps in the overview of all goods in stock avail so that you can easily plan up distribution and transport management for the stock and forecast the production accordingly. Through RF Monitor sometimes you can easily have the outlook of the whole warehouse and you can manage things accordingly at your convenience.
The Warehouse Management system is an essential component of the FMCG and retail sector were keeping view and having digitalization is very important since it is spread across wide. Many enterprises have diverted their goal to digital transformation at this pace to have a proper view of their warehouses and the direct motive is to decrease cost and increase visibility and profits. SAP warehouse management system enhances the effectiveness and efficiency of the process flow of various parts of the supply chain and increases the profitability and customer experience.
To know more visit www.oraneconsulting.com